Monday 10 May 2010

Absorption by John Meaney

I've been meaning to update here for ages but keep not getting round to it, sorry!

As you might know if you read my blog, I've gotten several free books this year.  Some just because I've been lucky and others to review.  Currently I've done four reviews and I have fifth book on the way.  I've gotten into this through twitter mostly, by following major UK booksellers.  Some of them also post review offers on facebook.  It's worth checking out!  It's also worth checking out if your favourite authors or publishers are on twitter as I also won a book from a publishing house via twitter.

@Waterstones and @WHSmithcouk are the two on twitter I've had books from

The most recent one I've reviewed is Absorption by John Meaney for WHSmith.co.uk  It's the first book in the Ragnarok trilogy and I loved it.

This is what I said:





Really, really enjoyed this book. Well crafted sci fi with plenty to attract people who aren't true sci fi fans as well. I liked the shifting perspective/place/time aspect with every chapter although I preferred some of them to others. Equally there were a few I would have liked to see more of. Very well written, this sucks you in completely. My only criticism - and it isn't one really - is that being the first of a trilogy it ends on a bit of a cliffhanger which has me really wondering. I'll definitely be buying the next one to find out

No comments:

Post a Comment