Monday 31 May 2010

Terminal World by Alastair Reynolds

I've spent the last few days reading Terminal World by Alastair Reynolds.  I was given a copy to review by WHSmith.co.uk.  This is what I wrote in my review.


This is the first Alastair Reynolds book I've read.  It won't be the last.  A friend described him to me as a writer who definitely knows his subject.  She was right but before I read this I didn't realise just how right she was.  Mr Reynolds uses this knowledge to enhance the book and bring it to levels it wouldn't otherwise reach.

Terminal Worlds is real proper sci fi and it's got all the elements it needs to fall under that category.  The plot is fast paced and intriguing with some ideas I've never seen before.  It's also got totally believable characters.  They really come to life and the book ended with me wanting to know what happened next.  Both in terms of the plot and also to the characters.

What have you been reading recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment