Friday 4 June 2010

Return to The Olive Farm by Carol Drinkwater

This should be the last of my reviews for a few weeks.  I have one more to do at present but I'm not going to read it just yet.

Anyway, Waterstones.com offered me the chance to review Return to The Olive Farm by Carol Drinkwater.  It's a true story of her life running an Olive Farm (surprisingly enough) in France.  It's the latest one in a serious of them,

This is what I wrote

This book is the first of Carol Drinkwater's that I've read.  I really like this sort of book and must admit to having looked at her other books several times but never bought them.  I will be rectifying this mistake soon.  She is a very good writer.

There is a lovely feel to this book and it has some wonderful imagery in it.  You can build up a very clear picture of what Carol and Michel are seeing and doing which adds greatly to the books appeal.  The journey that they have been on both physically and mentally is well described and you almost feel like you've been on it with them.

This was a perfect book for lazy sunny days in the garden.  The descriptions of France and their way of life bought something of a holiday feel to the book.  It was very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment